Get Your Pages Indexed Automatically On Bing
“Who in the SEO community has not dreamed of such ability?,”Bing asks in an announcement.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Installing the Bing URL Submissions WordPress Plugin
- Search for “Bing URL Submissions” from the plugin install page of the WordPress dashboard, or download it here.
- Add your Bing Webmaster Tools API key to activate:
- Getting your Bing Webmasters Tool API
You can access your API key by navigating to Settings > API Access > API Key within the Bing Webmaster Tools portal.
Every time you create a new or update the posts/pages the URL will be submitted to the Bing Webmaster Tools API.
The Bing URL Submissions plugin offers the same capabilities as Bing’s URL submission tool on the web.
The only limitation of this plugin is that you can submit up to 10,000 URLs per day but if you contact the Bing webmaster Tools team they can increase your limit. Basically, it should work for everybody 🙂
The plugin also comes with these additional features:
- Toggle the automatic submission feature ON and OFF.
- Manually submit a URL to Bing Index.
- View a list of recent URL submissions from the plugin.
- Retry any failed submissions from the recent submissions list.
- Download recent URL submissions for analysis.
As all good developers do, they make the code open-source so that other CMSs can reuse some of ideas for integration:
“We’re here to help beyond WordPress: we open-sourced this plugin to make it easier for webmasters having their own Content Management System and other Content Management System to reuse our ideas and ease integration with our API.”
Here is the GitHub repository.